Kinoite crashing on install

At least 50Gb on SSD has been allocated to Fedora 35 Kinoite.
Tried twice in automatic mode and it crashes during installation process.

Trying to dual boot with Windows 10 UEFI.

Hi, i think here Installing Fedora Kinoite :: Fedora Docs is written about it:

Known limitations

Kinoite does not provide a fully functional experience for dual booting or manual partitioning.

It is possible to make Kinoite work for both dual boot and manual partitioning, and some guidance is provided on manual partitioning below. However, there are hazards involved in both cases, and you should only attempt to use these features if you have done the necessary research, and are confident that you can overcome any issues that you might encounter.

A tough challenge Sergey if any!
But thanks!
Might be better to stick to a Debian based…

I also thought about it.

Fedora seems to me to be more disciplined than Debian-like systems refers to free repositories (for example, situation with KDE) and does Debian now have ostree-based systems?

Some consider this architecture to be the future of Linux workstations.

Apologies for posting on another forum…
As they say, “two heads are better than one!”

1 Like

Finally installed the “proper” KDE spin that installed perfectly.
Only “one” problem… after two attempts at updating (with its reboots) a third attempt would have been required.

Needless to say, my Fedora KDE experience has gone wry and thus, will wait some more before any further attempts.

I had a similar situation twice.

In all cases, this was due to the partitioning of the hard drive when I used automatic partitioning. At the same time, I didn’t care much about whether the partitions on hard drive were in order or not.

After this error, I looked at the state of the partitions, put them in order manually and started the installation again. Basically, it came down to deleting unnecessary partitions that had previously been created automatically. This is probably due to the fact that automatic partitioning uses free space and does not delete old Linux partitions before that.

Installation walked without any problems.

Of course, this is only my subjective experience, but I think that such a problem may occur when installing Silverblue and not Kinoite.

For the record, according to DJ Ware, Silverblue Kinoite is not made for dual booting: