Logs Important List are these normal Report Problem shows up

Hello Guys
Is it normal to have several errors in the Important List on every boot?
I get this every time (see below) can these be fixed or should i ignore.
I only ask as i see the words Security & Critical

13:57:36 gdm-session-wor: GLib-GObject: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

13:57:35 systemd: Failed to start app-glib-vmware\x2duser-2619.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

13:57:35 systemd: Failed to start app-glib-vmware\x2duser-2619.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

13:57:34 systemd: Failed to start app-glib-vboxclient-2630.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

13:57:34 systemd: Failed to start app-glib-user\x2ddirs\x2dupdate\x2dgtk-2624.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

13:57:34 systemd: Failed to start app-glib-gnome\x2dshell\x2doverrides\x2dmigration-2609.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

13:57:33 systemd: Failed to start app-gnome-xdg\x2duser\x2ddirs-2244.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

13:57:33 systemd: Failed to start app-glib-xdg\x2duser\x2ddirs-2244.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

13:57:33 systemd: Failed to start app-glib-liveinst\x2dsetup-2241.scope - Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

13:57:32 gdm-session-wor: gkr-pam: unable to locate daemon control file

13:57:23 gnome-session-b: GLib-GIO-CRITICAL: g_bus_get_sync: assertion 'error == NULL || *error == NULL' failed

13:57:23 gnome-session-b: GLib-GIO-CRITICAL: g_bus_get_sync: assertion 'error == NULL || *error == NULL' failed

13:57:19 systemd: Failed to start nvidia-powerd.service - nvidia-powerd service.

13:57:19 systemd: Failed to start nvidia-powerd.service - nvidia-powerd service.

13:57:19 nvidia-powerd: Failed to initialize RM Client

13:57:19 nvidia-powerd: No matching GPU found

13:57:19 nvidia-powerd: SBIOS support not found for NVPCF GET_SUPPORTED function

13:57:17 kernel:

13:57:17 bluetoothd: Failed to set mode: Failed (0x03)

Hey,

well it seems as well you may have some issues with your nvdia card.
But for the rest IMO if you don’t experience these “critical errors” and this bothers u in your daily work, I wouldn’t think a lot about it bc it’s none about SELinux or so.

It’s more hw related stuff.

v/r

Andi/andilinux

i only added nvidia card earlier today but seen no issues
CHeers for reply

1 Like

It’s possible that you may have installed an nVidia driver version that isn’t fully compatible with your GPU or nvidia-powerd doesn’t support your GPU.

HI Scott
This GPU was what came with the Dell XPS 15 laptop when i bought it.
But are you saying it might be better to remove it?
I only ask as the only reason i moved to Linux was due to BSOD in Windows with this laptop.
Nothing would fix it but i dropped Linux on it just to see and it’s been running for 3 months now with no issues.

1 Like

I’m not suggesting that. Unfortunately, this is a fairly common issue that’s been reported here over the last month or so and hopefully something nvidia will eventually patch. Best thing you can do in the meantime is keep your system up to date with the most recent kernels and nvidia drivers. I don’t think nvidia-powered is strictly necessary but it does seem to show up in the logs when it doesn’t work.

13:57:19 nvidia-powerd: Failed to initialize RM Client

13:57:19 nvidia-powerd: No matching GPU found

13:57:19 nvidia-powerd: SBIOS support not found for NVPCF GET_SUPPORTED function

you should check and see if your cpu/gpu is supported for powerd,
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/515.65.01/README/dynamicboost.html