LXC problems after upgrade to 31

Hello guys,

after upgrading to Fedora 31, I have a issue with LXC containers, which I am unable to start. Message from lxc-start shows (formatting is weird from output):

sudo lxc-start ldap --foreground
lxc-start: ldap: cgroups/cgfsng.c: cg_legacy_set_data: 2299 Failed to setup limits for the "devices" controller. The controller seems to be unused by "cgfsng" cgroup driver or not enabled on the cgroup hierarchy
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   lxc-start: ldap: start.c: lxc_spawn: 1865 Failed to setup legacy device cgroup controller limits
                                                                    lxc-start: ldap: start.c: lxc_abort: 1103 No such file or directory - Failed to send SIGKILL to 12304
                                                                                                                                                                         lxc-start: ldap: start.c: __lxc_start: 2019 Failed to spawn container "ldap"
      lxc-start: ldap: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 329 The container failed to start
sudo lxc-start ldap --foreground
lxc-start: ldap: cgroups/cgfsng.c: cg_legacy_set_data: 2299 Failed to setup limits for the "devices" controller. The controller seems to be unused by "cgfsng" cgroup driver or not enabled on the cgroup hierarchy
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   lxc-start: ldap: start.c: lxc_spawn: 1865 Failed to setup legacy device cgroup controller limits
                                                                    lxc-start: ldap: start.c: lxc_abort: 1103 No such file or directory - Failed to send SIGKILL to 12304
                                                                                                                                                                         lxc-start: ldap: start.c: __lxc_start: 2019 Failed to spawn container "ldap"
      lxc-start: ldap: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 329 The container failed to start

dmesg and journalctl -fe show only messages related to opening/connecting network interfaces and it seems to be ok (no error messages).

Can you confirm this behaviour? Should I open a bug ticket to this?

Hello @ondrej and welcome to the community.

Since cgroups are mentioned in the errors, could it be related to that? Common F31 bugs - Fedora Project Wiki

5 Likes

Thanks! It was related! I should’ve read common bugs first.

Solution applied.

3 Likes

Should I report this somewhere? That shipped LXC is not working with new cgroups?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.