Making drag and drop work in virt-manager Windows VMs in silverblue?

I’m not sure whether this is because of restrictions of silverblue or not, but even after i install spice tools in the virt-manager VMs, i cannot drag and drop files to Windows VMs (I only tried Windows 10 tho).
So how can i make drag and drops work in virt-manager VMs in silverblue?

Edit: Drag and drop doesn’t work, but if i copy a text, for example a URL, i can paste it in the guest! and VirtIO drivers and spice tools are the latest versions. Disk type is also VirtIO with no shareable flag. And secure boot is off.

If you haven’t yet, you might find that installing the virtio drivers for your windows guests should help make this work.

Yes i already installed the virtio drivers, and set the disk type and network adapter type to virtio during installation. Note that i installed the virtio drivers during Windows installation, by inserting the virtio drivers ISO as a CD and selecting it during installation.
So is it normal that i can’t drag and drop even tho spice tools and everything is installed, and resolution auto fit works? I thought maybe this is due to SElinux rules that silverblue uses that is causing this.

1 Like

Just to be sure, i got the latest virtio iso from here:

and installed it, still no luck.

One important thing to note: Drag and drop doesn’t work, but if i copy a text, for example a URL, i can paste it in the guest!

1 Like