MonoDevelop fails to install on Fedora 30

I maintain a small suite of applications in C-sharp, using MonoDevelop for years in successive Fedora installations, always downloaded from the standard Fedora repository. The latest version from the Fedora 30 repository installs, but when run (via the terminal), after a long wait produces an error message that starts with:

ERROR [2019-05-19 16:46:31Z]: Could not purge old log files
ERROR [2019-05-19 16:46:32Z]: Could not read branding document
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'MonoDevelop.Core.FilePath' threw an exception. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at System.Collections.Generic.LargeArrayBuilder`1[T].GetBuffer (System.Int32 index) [0x00022] in <ca4671ad67bb46f3a006173b62655e63>:0  .....

After receiving this message I totally reinstalled Fedora 30, using a disk sector on which all data had been completely erased before formatting. Then, after reinstalling Fedora 30, I installed MonoDevelop as the first new software installation. The same message occurred. Thanks for any help.

No clue on Monodevel but seems to me it is asking for library or specific library, look into the specs for running and installing and see if there is one missing in Fedora 30, since it works before it may be a version specific.

At a guess, I would say it was because monodevelop was not rebuilt for Fedora 30 which is on Mono 5 instead of 4 now.

Checked it out - dead right, QuLogic; files in etc/monodevelop/ are dated July 2018. I found discussion on whether to include Monodevelop 5 in Fedora 30 (Issue #2105: F31 Change: Mono 5 - fesco - Pagure.io); apparently it did not happen. So will fall back to Fedora 29 for now, as I can’t abandon my applications.

That link is about Mono 5, not Monodevelop, and the conclusion was that it would be in Fedora 30.