I recently switched to Fedora, because OpenSUSE Tumbleweed was way too buggy and OpenSUSE Leap way too outdated. So far I am content, even though compared to YaST, I feel like being thrown back a few decades… but anyway. I tried to file a bug today.
- I arrived at bugzilla.redhat.com. A login option was to use a Fedora Account System account. Okay, let’s try that. I create an account (please rework that form, the UX is horrible) and log in.
- I go back to bugzilla and select “Fedora Account System” to log in. I get redirected back to Bugzilla… only to be told that there is “no account linked to [my mail address]”. Alright then… I click “create account for [my mail address]”.
- I get a confirmation mail - again. I click the link - and get greeted by " The IDPs response was missing the SAMLResponse parameter. This can be cause by inappropriate redirection, MITM behaviour, a failed login attepmt on the IDP, invalid response by the IDP, etc. ". Well, thanks, I guess…
- Next try. I open Matrix. There seems to be an official community on there with a Fedora channel (on +fedoracommunity:matrix.org). The channel hasn’t had a message since March. Someone should update that community.
- I click on “discover channels” again and try to join “#fedora:matrix.org” but, well, I get kicked immediately with an “err: needreggednick”, despite this seeming to be a Matrix room and me even being authenticated for IRC through Matrix.
- Last attempt: here, this forum, that I had trouble finding because the only place it is linked is in the footer of the Fedora homepage.
Honestly, that is a horrible, horrible UX and not how you get users to contribute anything at all…