Spell checker is not working for any hunspell dictionary I install.
I had the exact same setup with Fedora 33 and everything was working fine. I made a fresh install (not upgrade) of Fedora 34 and I can’t get any spell checking to work apart from the stock dictionaries e.g. en_US, en_GB, en_AU, etc.
I believe there is a problem with hunspell and some apps because my new dictionaries appear in Gnome Evolution when I use
dnf install aspell-bg for example. I am mainly trying to get Poedit and LibreOffice to work but new dictionaries just do not appear in the menu. Hunspell works properly from the terminal by the way, so I think the issue is not missing packages.
I have been trying to find a solution for the last 3 days and I have installed every possible package that is even remotely connected but nothing helps. I have all relevant packages installed (enchant, hunspell, aspell, gtkspell, ICU, etc.) and I couldn’t find this reported as a bug anywhere so I decided to ask here.
I am a newbie, I am sorry if I am missing something. There are some screenshots at the bottom.
Thanks to everyone.