Nextcloud Desktop app

Hi,
I am using Nextcloud desktop app to connect my pc to my nextcloud server host.
I have to use my username and password every time the computer boots.
is there a way to set it up so it logs in automatically?
Thanks

Hello, and welcome to Ask Fedora ! I don’t use Nextcloud, but it does look pretty interesting. I did a quick read through of their doc’s , and strangely enough don’t find any explicit explanation of what you are asking. There is a -n option for the command line client that uses netrc for login. The accounts setting tab seems to be the place I would think such connectivity issues are addressed, but again I couldn’t find a specific option mentioned, outside of the user credentials info. Then there is the configuration file in $HOME/.config/Nextcloud/nextcloud.cfg. You could create a script to start the client at startup as a cron job as seen here GitHub - qcif/nextcloud-sync-cron: Cron job script for running the Linux/Unix Nextcloud command line client. But I think you would only need to make the ~/.netrc file (in your home dir) with your user credentials as below …
" And the ~/.netrc file contains the user credentials:

login foobar
password p@ssw0rd

Note: the .netrc file must reside in the home directory. It is not possible for a different file to be used."

2 Likes

Hi, I had the exact same problem and installing libgnome-keyring solved it for me.
There is also an issue around the github-page for a while where someone posted this solution

4 Likes

Sorry its been awhile. But thank you for responding, I did manage to get it working by installing libgnome-keyring.

Sorry for the delay. I got it working with lignome-keyring

Thanks for letting me know, and glad to hear you got things working.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.