NextCloud set up steps

Hello community,

I wanna set up nextcloud on my F32 and any guides would be appreciated.

How to set it up correctly to sync my files over there and be able access on it from other system and change files etc.

any ideas from experienced ppl.

Thanks.

Hi,

I doubt much if anything will have changed since fedora 31.

Thanks Tom.

3 Likes

is it for servers only? i am not running server

Hi,

Doesn’t need to be a server, just needs to be system that meets the system requirements:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/system_requirements.html

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

If you don’t want to host your own server, but simply want to use your machine as a nextcloud client to an existing (third party) server, all you need to do is:

sudo dnf install nextcloud-client

The client has a simple step-by-step setup guide that will help you connect to a server and setup the shares.

2 Likes

Yeah man i wanna like that what you sad.

be able connect and manage shares and sync to files there.

Glad you found what you were looking for. Feel free to mark the answer as ‘Solution’ to help others looking into the same topic.

You didn’t tell us what your desktop environment is, but, for example, in Gnome, you can start Software, search for nextcloud and install the client there.

Another alternative, just to mention it, is installing nextcloud-client from flathub:

flatpak install flathub org.nextcloud.Nextcloud
1 Like

mine is KDE plasma. thanks for helping.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.