I already asked this in in your other forum, but being quite desperate that CoreOS just cannot detect my network connection, which blocks from completing this whole installation.
Maybe here are more users coming by…
And that’s a quite annoying problem here.
You find the big log files over there, but first the TL;DR:
- I use a CoreOS config with Clevis/Tang server.
- The first boot process works until the point, where it tries to use clevis to apply the encryption key to LUKS by contacting the Tang server.
- The device is connected via an Ethernet cable plugged in before booting.
- I know that when I boot into CoreOS on the device “normally”, i.e. without LUKS and Clevis by using the default config, ethernet works. → As such, it only seems to fail in that
- I also noticed in the initramfs that USB devices do not show up in
/dev/sd*. That may be related, or not.
- It all ends in Clevis saying:
Unable to fetch advertisement
- I can confirm with
ipthat I indeed have no network access there…
NetworkManager syslog looks okay. Only two warnings, which I think are not serious:
May 02 18:23:08 localhost NetworkManager: <warn> [1619979788.5007] settings: could not load plugin 'ifcfg-rh' from file '/usr/lib64/NetworkManager/1.26.8-1.fc33/libnm-settings-plugin-ifcfg-rh.so': No such file or directory May 02 18:23:08 localhost NetworkManager: <warn> [1619979788.7301] sleep-monitor-sd: failed to acquire D-Bus proxy: Could not connect: No such file or directory
The first warning e.g. seems to be related to a change in Fedora 33.
enp3s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UP group default qlen 1000 link/ether 00:*****:11 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff inet6 fd1c:f1a1:f84b::bee/128 scope global noprefixroute valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever inet6 fd1c:f1a1:f84b:0:2e0:4cff:fee9:2411/64 scope global noprefixroute valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever inet6 fe80::2e0:4cff:fee9:2411/64 scope link noprefixroute valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
As said, here are the latest logs, if they help.
The system version is