Not appear flash drives in Fedora installer

Sorry for my very bad English. I’d like install Fedora on my computer, and try install boot partition to my flash drive but the installer not see a flash drives. What can I do?

That is a difficult problem. Can you update your system’s firmware?

Also, what is the size of the flash drives? The installer might not list drives that are too small.

The flash drive size is 4 GB. Maybe if i tried with 16 GB flash drive would it work it?

Do you mean you want to use USB flash drive as the destination of your Fedora installation?

No, just the boot partition want install to pendrive.

It depends on the BIOS/UEFI setup.

Check for USB flash drive mode (or similar), and try with harddisk (if Automatic is not working.)

Did you develop an idea how to handle grub bootloader? Are there other OS installed on your computer?

Working with hard disk. I tried another pendrive and this pendrive see the installer. This pendrive size is 32 GB. I tried 4 and 16 GB pendrive but the installer did not see these. I don’t know why. Debian-based systems installer can see both.

1 Like

Yes, currently installed Debian.

Maybe that makes more sense. I want to do the same thing on Fedora.

sda 0 0 disk
├─sda1 0 0 part
│ └─sda1_crypt 0 0 crypt /
├─sda2 0 0 part
│ └─sda2_crypt 0 0 crypt /home
└─sda3 0 191M 0 part /boot/efi
sdb 1 3.7G 0 disk
└─sdb1 1 476M 0 part /boot

If you really want to use the smaller pendrive, you could probably install with without a separate /boot partition and then move the contents of /boot (which would be on the root file system) to the pendrive after the system is installed. You would also have to modify /etc/fstab to mount /boot from the pendrive when needed.