NVIDIA Auto Installer for Fedora Linux now works with Fedora Linux 35

The v0.4.0 release of NVIDIA Auto Installer for Fedora Linux has now been worked upon, tested and confirmed to be working on Fedora Linux 35. With this release, the following changes have been introduced.

• The project has been restructured entirely to make the codebase more modular and friendly for contribution by new developers
  • Unimportant static files have been removed from the repository and, other documents have been cleaned-up
  • COPR build updates for Mageia, EPEL and OpenSUSE are now deprecated with the use of PyProject packaging macros
  • Project packaging and dependency management have been reworked with the use of Poetry
  • Command-line interface has been re-implemented with the use of Click commands to replace Click options used previously
  • Dedicated installation for x86 support libraries for the NVIDIA drivers have been phased out as they are now included as mandatory dependencies
  • Distribution detection and compatibility check issues have now been fixed due to renaming from “Fedora” to “Fedora Linux”
  • RPM Fusion repositories installation, enablement and, detection errors have now been fixed with confirming checks
  • Official CUDA repositories have been updated to point to Fedora 34 or later to avail more recent software updates

You can find the project release here.

Following are the download statistics for the repository, extracted as of writing this post, that is a testament to how successful this project has been in making it easy and convenient for users to install NVIDIA drivers on their devices running Fedora Linux.

Release Downloads
Fedora 34 8265
Fedora 35 1584
Fedora ELN 37
Fedora Rawhide 70

Like always, if you are looking for a tool that makes it convenient for you to install NVIDIA drivers and other related stuff on your device running Fedora Linux, simply execute the following commands in succession to install the tool.

# dnf install dnf-plugins-core -y
# dnf copr enable t0xic0der/nvidia-auto-installer-for-fedora -y
# dnf install nvautoinstall -y

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/t0xic0der/nvidia-auto-installer-for-fedora/

Please report any issues you face here, feel free to leave a star on the repository to let me know that you appreciate the project and tag me with any issues related to NVIDIA installations on Ask Fedora. I would be glad to assist. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there any uninstall instructions if i like to totally removed the nvidia driver and other packages installed with your installer? would be much appreciated if you can help me with this.

Thanks.

The simplest way is to do a sudo dnf remove *nvidia*. Once that has completed you may need to check in /etc/default/grub and see if line beginning with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX contains
rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau modprobe.blacklist=nouveau nvidia-drm.modeset=1

If that is still in there then remove it and run grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg to update grub and all traces of the nvidia drivers should be removed.

Note that once you have removed the nvidia driver you will only be using the nouveau driver for an nvidia GPU.

Many thanks JV.

Managed to remove all Nvidia proprietary driver and also grub.