So I have a few issues that may actually all be the same issue, or at least related. I’m going to describe them here. I also have the contents of a folder in /var/spool/abrt/oops-xxxx that I can paste to you here upon request, which seems to have quite a few details.
The issues I’m having with my Fedora system:
1.) Every time I boot, I get the Oops, We’re sorry, it looks like BOOT_IMAGE=…vmlinuz crashed" just as shown here: https://askbot.fedoraproject.org/en/question/133263/oops-were-sorry-it-looks-like-boot_image/
Other than that message though, the machine operates fine, which is why it hasn’t seem super urgent to me… EXCEPT these issues:
2.) After leaving my machine alone for an unspecified amount of time OR suspending it (it ALWAYS happens after a suspend), when the machine wakes up, I get strange lag that is pretty difficult to fully understand. What happens is that, once I return to the machine or wake it from suspension, as I drag my mouse around OR type into the keyboard, the mouse and keyboard seem to lose data packets. For example, if I drag the mouse from the left side of the screen to the right, the mouse will stutter at a specified increment and therefore require more handwork to get the pointer to the right side of the screen. Likewise, pretend it was happening now, my txt wuld lok lie tis because as I type, keystrokes are lost at said increment.
I actually googled the above issue and I found an article which said to try changing the CPU from powersave to performance mode, as sometimes it is switched to powersave during suspension, and not switched back. I downloaded the tools needed to do this and did it, and I can confirm that this does not solve my issue.
Earlier today, I saw another oops message, which I’ve saved the logs of and can provide here, and I noticed that directly after this message, the machine started the stuttering again.
I then did a
journalctl -xe and a dmesg and I see a TON of errors related to wifi… Which brings me to:
3.) I’ve also had issues with large packet loss from the wifi on my machine. It hasn’t been a HUGE deal because I prefer to wire-in most of the time anyway, but nevertheless, the wifi performance has been pretty spotty.
To get things started, I’d like to provide some basic info:
OS: Fedora 31
Machine: Lenovo T590
WiFi: Intel® 9560 802.11AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 5.0
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz
I’ve attached the journalctl -xe output to this post. It seems like the same thing keeps happening over and over. I’m really looking forward to solving these issues with your support. Thanks.
NOTE: The times differ between the two attachments because I did not see the journal in the oops folder so I just ran journalctl -xe later after I rebooted. I also ran it right after the issues and the messages are essentially the same.