Power button doen't prompt for confirmation!

I recently upgraded to Fedora 34 from Fedora 33 and when I press the power button(on my laptop) the system doesn’t prompt me for confirmation.
I have disabled the shortcuts involving the power button and the in the power management section of the settings the computer is configured to prompt me before powering off.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

I will start with checking the system Firmware settings.

Sometimes Fedora failed to intercept the power button event so the System Firmware setting is effective.

1 Like

Did it ever prompt you with the power button?
On my system the power button has never prompted for confirmation. The system shutdown menu option does prompt for confirmation since that is within the OS as it is running.

1 Like

When I am using Fedora Workstation 34, it prompts me when I press the power button (for suspend or power off, depends on short press or long press as configured in System Firewire)

When I am using sway, which I do not configure any ACPI handlers, the system will directly shutdown without prompting me.

1 Like

On Fedora 33, my previous OS, the system prompted me every single time when I pressed the power button. Now, it prompts me occasionally, but I would say only 1 out of 10 times when pressing the power button, the other 9 times just shutting it down immediately.

1 Like