Previews of footages

I’m on f36 beta Silverblue

I have some video files

Some of them are .webm

Some of them are .mp4, .3gp

The .webm files have a preview

.m4 and .3go have NO preview

Also I can’t open them as there’s no software able to open them

What should I do in order to play those videos and giving them their previews ?

I’d attach a screenshot of a folder containing video files but the forum software doesn’t want to accept my attachment

We need to install additional plugins/codecs to play proprietary formats. Take a look at this:

(Please use the commands necessary for silverblue to install packages etc., though)

1 Like

Since you’re running silverblue, you may want to try installing the sushi flatpak from flathub.
flatpak install org.gnome.NautilusPreviewer

It allows you to hit the spacebar and preview things in Nautilus, you may need to add some file system overrides depending on where the files are located. You can also use flatseal to modify flatpak permissions.

VLC, Celluloid, and MPV are also available via flatpak on flathub as well.

1 Like

Thank you ! :pray:

I get this though

$ rpm-ostree install gstreamer1-plugins-base gstreamer1-plugins-good gstreamer1-plugins-bad gstreamer1-plugin-openh264 gstreamer1-libav --exclude=gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free-devel
error: Opzione --exclude=gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free-devel sconosciuta

“opzione sconosciuta” is the Italian for “unkown option”

So it seems that --exclude=gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free-devel is an unknown option

But I copied that line from the link you provided

Am I missing anyhthing ?

Thanks again

that command is for dnf though, I don’t know if the same options apply to rpm-ostree because I haven’t moved to silverblue/kinonite yet.

The man page here suggests that rpm-ostree install does not have an exclude option: