Filesystem                                    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs                                      7.7G     0  7.7G   0% /dev
/dev/mapper/fedora_localhost--live-root        18G   11G  6.5G  62% /
/dev/nvme0n1p3                                191G  101G   91G  53% /mnt/c
/dev/nvme0n1p8                                578M  153M  395M  28% /boot
/dev/mapper/fedora_localhost--live-usr_local  5.5G  1.2G  4.1G  23% /usr/local
/dev/mapper/fedora_localhost--live-home       238G  211G   16G  94% /home
/dev/nvme0n1p7                                 95M   21M   75M  22% /boot/efi

Where is the remaining 10 G in the partition /home?

IIRC Linux reserves a small portion of every partition (file system) for system use to be able to use if needed for bad blocks, etc…
I have a 3.0T lvm partition that has 2.1T used and 729G available (or only bout 2.8T usable with 200G system reserved). I would not worry about that apparent discrepancy especially since your post shows numbers when booted as live-user instead of as the regular user on the installed system.

That said though, any file system that is 90% and more full will quickly start having problems with slowdowns and fragmentation as the system tries to find space for new and growing files.

1 Like

[Unix/Linux]automatically reserves 5% of space for superuser access – meaning regular users and processes won’t be able to use this space (filesystem will report to be 100% full), but root user can still write and troubleshoot. (Unixtutorial)

The article linked above also has examples how to tune the file system to change the default value of 5% to less.

1 Like

I see. Thank you two very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.