Scilab 6.1.0 not working in Fedora 34

I’m getting the following error when I use the command ‘’./bin/scilab" after downloading scilab-6.1.0 from official site

Error:
scilab-bin: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b

1 Like

That is one of the problems with installing something that is not part of the regular distro. Dependencies are something you have to resolve. Do a search for what package provides that file “dnf provides /lib64/libk5crypto.so.3” and see what version it is. Also see what version of openssl you have. Those are the first steps to a resolution.

Some apps are ahead and others are behind where fedora is. Some packages and libraries are installed by default and others you have to explicitly install.

1 Like

However, with Scilab that is the only option. It has been retired and is not part of Fedora repo anymore. Flatpaks, snaps, or appimages don’t exist so far. So, the only way is to get the binary from Scilab running.

You may want to boot a distro in a VM in which you can easily solve the dependencies.

I’m getting the following error when I use the command ‘’./bin/scilab" after downloading scilab-6.1.0 from official site

Error:
scilab-bin: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b

Hi @un13ash . welcome to the forum. Please take a minute to go through the introductory posts in the #start-here category, for example:

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/frequently-asked-questions-about-ask-fedora-faq/63220

Can you please give us more information about your system? What version of Fedora are you on, for example?

Type hostnamectl in terminal and give us the second part of it, like:

Operating System: Fedora 34 (MATE-Compiz)
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:fedoraproject:fedora:34
Kernel: Linux 5.12.7-300.fc34.x86_64
Architecture: x86-64
Hardware Vendor: CompuLab
Hardware Model: Intense-PC

It’s showing Error: No Matches found

Operating System: Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition) 
Hardware Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
Hardware Model: HP 430 Notebook PC

Details:

Operating System: Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition) 
Hardware Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
Hardware Model: HP 430 Notebook PC

See this post:

1 Like

Please see this, talking about MatLab but it seems SciLab has the same problem:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1829790

NOTE

Comment #91829790 – libk5crypto.so.3: undefined symbol: EVP_KDF_ctrl, version OPENSSL_1_1_1b

Regards., HTH

2 Likes

glnxa64 isn’t there in bin

glnxa64 isn’t there in bin