I know it is non-free software.
Just that I want to be sure if Google Chrome is meant to be searchable in Gnome-Software?
I still cannot search for it even after it is installed by rpm-ostree already.
- New install of SilverBlue 33 to empty SDD
- sudo rpm-ostree update, do systemctl restart rpm-ostree if needed, reboot
- flatpak update, reboot
- Run Gnome-software for the time. Enable third party repos. reboot
- Enable google-chrome repo in Software, reboot
After all this, Chrome browser is not searchable in Software
- by “google” or “Google”
- by “Chrome” or “chrome”
- by “google-chrome”
- by browsing the Communication category / Browser
The above is the same even after google-chrome is installed by “rpm-ostree install google-chrome, reboot”.