This site’s categorization by language doesn’t seem to be useful

They have been pinged from time to time in the necessary channels, and the idea is that if they’re inactive, then the language category will eventually be dropped. We just haven’t got down to doing this—mostly because we’re discussing all of this reorganisation and it doesn’t make sense to do all this work and drop a category if we’ll drop them all eventually anyway.

I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve set the wrong tone by using “moderators”. I mean someone who says “if a question turns up in this language, I will try to respond to it”. They don’t have to be a moderator. All I’d like is for us to have someone somewhere that will actively look at non-English language categories. (Even just saying “I don’t know, so maybe we should translate this in English to get more eyes on it” is a response)

This is all I’m asking for. If some folks can come forward and say they’ll commit to answering/responding to questions in non-English categories, then we have some semblance that these questions will not go down a black hold and get lost.

2 Likes