Tuxboot fails to start

Fedora 31 newbie here.

I successfully migrated from Mac OSX to Fedora 31 over the holiday seasons. With Fedora becoming my professional workstation (data science, engineering), I want to ensure that I can restore the entire system (if needed).

I looked at a number of options and decided that Clonezilla is the best option. I followed the Clonezilla installation process and download Tuxboot to burn a start-up USB disk.

When starting Tuxboot as a superuser the Tuxboot window opens but stays “white”, ie. empty and the terminal shows the follwing warning/error messages:

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
X Error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 10
Extension: 130 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode: 1 (X_ShmAttach)
Resource id: 0x10b

I am probably missing some libs or settings but cannot find any guidelines/troubleshooting guidances.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Do your willing to try the “Setting up Clonezilla: manual method (GNU Linux)”?

Citing a bbs.archlinux.org: “sudo is not meant for graphical apps.” – 2014 year.

PS (update: story)

20 years ago, i’ve failed a girl first time (in sane memory (idiot)). She ordered me not to play with my neighbor boy, and i’d promised to obey. When she found out, she were not impressed…

@vits95 thanks for highlighting the issue from the sudo/graphics point of view: now I understand the archlinux.org conversation. Command line usage is not an issue. I am a Linux-Dino, did my PhD 20 years ago on a Sun SparcStation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.