Two errors after starting the GNOME desktop

Hi all
When the system boot is complete, there are two important error messages in ‘gome logs’.

“Failed to start Application launched by gnome-session-binary.” 

Desktop environment and version.

$ gnome-shell --version
GNOME Shell 3.36.6

$ echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
x11

Journalctl
error I:

systemd[878]: Reached target GNOME Color management.
systemd[878]: Reached target GNOME Accessibility settings.
systemd[878]: Failed to start Application launched by gnome-session-binary.
systemd[878]: gnome-launched-user-dirs-update-gtk.desktop-1240.scope: Failed with result 'resources'.
systemd[878]: gnome-launched-user-dirs-update-gtk.desktop-1240.scope: Failed to add PIDs to scope's control group: No such process
systemd[878]: Started Application launched by gnome-session-binary.

error II:

systemd[878]: gnome-launched-gnome-keyring-ssh.desktop-1051.scope: Succeeded.
systemd[878]: gnome-launched-gnome-keyring-secrets.desktop-1049.scope: Succeeded.
systemd[878]: Failed to start Application launched by gnome-session-binary.
systemd[878]: gnome-launched-xdg-user-dirs.desktop-1056.scope: Failed with result 'resources'.
systemd[878]: gnome-launched-xdg-user-dirs.desktop-1056.scope: Failed to add PIDs to scope's control group: No such process

Two errors point to: “xdg-user-dirs” and “xdg-user-dirs-gtk”.
The purpose of the two packages is presumably to automatically change user folders in response to changes in the relevant configuration files.

I’m not clear why the above error message occurs.
For example, logging in again after a language change, the system will automatically pop up a folder renaming window and everything seems fine, or some dependency is missing?

Please help me with this. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m seeing exactly the same errors on Fedora Silverblue 32. Seems to be an upstream issue. Haven’t found an issue id yet.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help@ Mershl