Unable to Upgrade to F30 (cert-forensics-tools-release-29-13.noarch)

Hello there! Its my first post in the community!

I’m currently unable to upgrade to F30.

due:

Error: 
 Problema: package cert-forensics-tools-release-29-13.noarch requires fedora-release = 29, but none of the providers can be installed
  - fedora-release-29-10.noarch does not belong to a distupgrade repository
  - problem with installed package cert-forensics-tools-release-29-13.noarch

What did:

dnf update
dnf upgrade --refresh
dnf install dnf-plugin-system-upgrade #(Already installed from when i did 28->29)
dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=30
   Error: 
 Problema: package cert-forensics-tools-release-29-13.noarch requires fedora-release = 29, but none of the providers can be installed
  - fedora-release-29-10.noarch does not belong to a distupgrade repository
  - problem with installed package cert-forensics-tools-release-29-13.noarch
dnf install dnf install cert-forensics-tools-release-29-13.noarch # (Already installed)
dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=30 --skip-broken # (Produces the same error as without skip broken)

Any idea or feedback how to proceed or what to do to fix the issue?

Thanks for your time and kind help.

In version 30 of Fedora there is no package named cert-forensics-tools-release are you sure it is from the official repositories ? Maybe the package is most likely from a third party and they have not supported Version 30 yet .
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/s/%2520cert-forensics-tools-release-29-13

remove it and try upgrade again .

sudo rpm -ev --nodeps cert-forensics-tools-release-29-13

If the package is from a third party you should communicate with them or you should delay the upgrade .

1 Like

Yes is a third party repo, +1 for delay or remove and install later

Regards.,

2 Likes

I would try dnf to remove the package first since it also removes related dependencies and so on which an rpm -e would not:

sudo dnf remove cert-forensics-tools-release

Do have a look at the transaction to confirm that the packages being removed are OK etc, though.

Delete something from dnf maybe sometimes half of the system will be deleted.

I do not want to be the reason of a problem for someone who is far away from me and there is no quick connection between me and him for this reason i am warned about these things.

You check and tweak what youre removing when using dnf. With rpm, you may be able to remove a single package without deps, but it may break things later. Use either, but be careful I guess.

I have been clear to him to ask for help since it is a third-party package or to delay the upgrade,
And not everyone knows what each pack is doing .

There is no solution to the success of the upgrade, only if delete this package that may cause the interruption of something else or delete this package with all its dependencies and cause problems more and I preferred the first way if he chose to complete the upgrade .
(google trasnlate)

1 Like

Is the package from a 3rd party repo or just a stand alone RPM you installed? First you’ll want to do the following:

dnf clean all
dnf repolist

Then you’ll want to see if there’s anything other than the standard Fedora repo. Then you’ll want to do:

dnf system-upgrade download --releasever=30 --disablerepo=<repo name>

And that will ignore any updates or packages from that repo.