Uninstalling acrobat reader 9

Hi, noob here. I ran some commands to install Acrobat Reader 9 (really dated), and it is now an active application within Fedora. I have since installed Master PDF Editor, which works a lot better.

How do I clean uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader 9? I cannot find it in the snap store or software center (obviously), and I tried to learn how to “su -c …” but couldn’t get the syntax right…

Any help really appreciated!

2 Likes

How to uninstall depend on how it was installed—would you remember if it was an RPM, or was it using some tar.gz type file, or something else?

1 Like

As far as i know it is not available in linux by anymeans.
I think it was a windows app that you have installed with wine(compatibility layer) is it right. If not then it is somthing fishy. So source of install is required and kindly send a screenshot of that and see if you have wine preinstalled or not.

Edit: if it is a windows app with wine installed you can uninstall very easily with $wine uninstaller And selecte uninstall.

It’s weird. I tried to “wine uninstaller” but then it made me install wine mono, which I did. I did not see any adobe acrobat installed there.

When I run: rpm -qa | grep Adobe

I get: AdobeReader_enu-9.5.5-1.i486

What does this mean?

Long long time ago, Acrobat used to release Acrobat Reader also for Linux.

1 Like

I think it was an RPM, since the rpm command “-qa | grep Adobe” yielded “AdobeReader_enu-9.5.5-1.i486”

What should I do if it is an RPM?

rpm -e AdobeReader_enu-9.5.5-1.i486
2 Likes

POOF!!! it’s gone! Man this community rocks. Thank you thank you.

3 Likes

( I’d still have used dnf instead of rpm, but there should be no difference in this case :slight_smile: )

Edit: @mozimozi there’s a lot of documentation on installing/removing packages in Fedora Linux in the quick-docs. Also worth a look:

1 Like