Unknown systemerror after boot

Hello,

I have a new Laptop from Schenker Technologies. I installed Windows 10 Pro and Fedora 33 as Dualboot. Very often (but not always), after the boot, I get a system error “xorg-x11-drv-nouveau” which can’t be reported automatically. I have no idea what could be the problem, but Gnome runs under wayland, so the “x11” confuses me. Maybe somebody has an idea for troubleshooting.

Basic System Info: AMD Ryzen 5 CPU, NVIDIA 1650 TI Graphic, Kernel 5.8.18-300.fc33.x86_64

dmidecode-output:
Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes Base Board Information Manufacturer: SchenkerTechnologiesGmbH Product Name: GK5NxxO M20 Version: Standard Serial Number: Standard Asset Tag: Standard Features: Board is a hosting board Board is replaceable Location In Chassis: Standard Chassis Handle: 0x0003 Type: Motherboard Contained Object Handles: 0

``

Handle 0x0001, DMI type 1, 27 bytes System Information Manufacturer: SchenkerTechnologiesGmbH Product Name: Schenker Media 15(M20, GTX 1650xx) Version: Standard Serial Number: ------------- UUID: ---------------- Wake-up Type: Power Switch SKU Number: SME15M20 Family: RENOIR

journalctl -xe right after boot:

Nov 13 19:49:00 schenker-fedora gnome-shell[2489]: JS ERROR: Error: Argument width: value is out of range for gfloat
_relayout@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/window-list@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com/workspaceIndicator.js:91:14
Nov 13 19:49:00 schenker-fedora gnome-shell[2489]: JS ERROR: Error: Argument width: value is out of range for gfloat
_relayout@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/window-list@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com/workspaceIndicator.js:91:14
Nov 13 19:49:00 schenker-fedora systemd[2329]: Started VTE child process 4094 launched by gnome-terminal-server process 4089.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit UNIT has finished successfully
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: systemd-devel Info Page
░░
░░ A start job for unit UNIT has finished successfully.
░░
░░ The job identifier is 629.
Nov 13 19:49:00 schenker-fedora systemd[2329]: app-gnome-org.gnome.Terminal-4083.scope: Succeeded.
░░ Subject: Unit succeeded
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: systemd-devel Info Page
░░
░░ The unit UNIT has successfully entered the ‘dead’ state.
_init/id</this._laterId<@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/window-list@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com/workspaceIndicator.js:44:22
Nov 13 19:49:02 schenker-fedora gnome-shell[2489]: JS ERROR: Error: Argument width: value is out of range for gfloat
Nov 13 19:49:02 schenker-fedora gnome-shell[2489]: JS ERROR: Error: Argument width: value is out of range for gfloat

There is an extension “window-list” available but I haven’t installed it.

Thanks for advices in advance.

It seems you have not installed the nvidia drivers and the nouveau drivers are complaining.
I recommend installing the nvidia drivers from here or using tOxicOder’s tool.

I installed the Nvidia drivers with the software-GUI after activating the non-free repo right after the First Boot of the newly installed system. Still have this issue at nearly every Boot of the system.
Later today, I will try to remove the Nvidia Driver and then boot some times to see, If this works.

Some bootcycles without nvidia driver doesn’t brought the error up again, but the option to start Applications “with dedicated graphics” was gone. So this isn’t a good solution.

At first I doesn’t even wanted to buy an laptop with nvidia graphics (nvidia and Linux still sucks -.-), but hoped for better times since the last problems. And laptops with AMD graphics and AMD ryzen 4xxx CPU are rare.