Versalink C400 & Fedora 30 printer driver

Hi everyone
I have installed the latest driver for the printer above however when I run r xeroxprtmgr to set up the printe nothing happens. It works fine on a Centos machine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello @nano007 …! Welcome to the community! Please do take a few minutes to go over the introductory posts in #start-here when you have the time. They contain lots of useful information.

What happen when you type in terminal? xeroxprtmgr
Do you have any message in console?
What version packed did you install? rpm -qa | grep -i xerox

Maybe a related post -> https://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/Printing/xeroxprtmgr-stops-working-with-Xeroxv5Pkg-Linuxx86-64-5-20-626/td-p/218398

Also you can search in log to get some usefull information:

Regards.,

Thanks.
When I run run the xeroxprtmgr I do not get any error messages. If I run not in su mode I run the xeroxprtmgr as root. The version is the latest: XeroxPrtDrv-5.20.652.4537-1.i586. If I run the program not in su I get /usr/bin/xeroxprtmgr: line 9: /tmp/Xeroxprtmgr.log: Permission denied. The log says:

Xeroxprtmgr.log
[nano@localhost tmp]$ cat PrtDrvInstaller.log
Unable to detect printing subsystem
No protocol specified
xhost: unable to open display “:0”
Failed to grant lp xhost permissions

1. Is your box i686 or x86_64? check with this command:

uname -m

and download the respective package to your computer type and delete the previous installed package if is necesary:

https://www.support.xerox.com/support/versalink-c400/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=linux&fileLanguage=en

execute this command before to enable access:

xhost si:localuser:root

then execute:

sudo xeroxprtmgr

execute this command after to disable access:

xhost -si:localuser:root

NOTE

The xhost program is used to add and delete host names or user names to the list allowed to make connections to the X server.

man xhost

Regards.,

Thank you.
I did what you suggested however the output stays the same.
When you download the driver - thank you for the link btw - PostScript Driver RPM package for Linux is required to make xeroxprtmgr working. Any idea how to check if my system has this driver installed by default? I am pretty sure that cups has been stalled correctly If this driver has not been installed do you know ehere I can find it.
Thank you again for your help

I think you don’t need special postscript, I follow the step without any issues:

See the description:

Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202019-05-27%2011-40-29

What I did:

1. download the packed with my system structure from the link above:

Xeroxv5Pkg-Linuxx86_64-5.20.652.4537

1. install it:

sudo dnf install *.rpm

1. enable server with sudo

xhost si:localuser:root

1. Run xeroxprtmgr as root to administer print queues

NOTICE:

I also run xeroxprtmgr without sudo and get this screen:

Regards.,

Thank you for your quick reply. Very much appreciate it.
I followed your instructions to the letter however the output is still the same.
I installed the printer driver to a PC running Centos OS it works flawless.
Thank you anyway.