What is fpaste and how can I use it?

What is fpaste and how can I use it?

21 Likes

fpaste is a script that gathers information from the system and is very very useful when diagnosing issues. It should be installed by default on all systems, but if it isn’t, you can install it from the repositories using:

sudo dnf install fpaste

When discussing issues here on the forum, you can use the following command to provide information on your system:

fpaste --sysinfo --printonly

If this blocks, it’s usually because dnf is downloading metadata for your user from the repositories. You can use it with sudo if you want it to use the system’s metadata cache:

sudo fpaste --sysinfo --printonly

Please remember to use the --printonly option. If you skip it, fpaste sends your information to the Fedora pastebin at https://paste.fedoraproject.org. Posts on the pastebin are removed after a week, so we do not suggest sharing links from there on this platform—your helpers may not be able to access it after a while.

The source code of fpaste is here. Improvements are always welcome.

https://pagure.io/fpaste

20 Likes

the paste services is that thing i love.
let me introduce two more things for programmers :

support :

1. C\C++
  2. CUDA
  3. D
  4. Fortant
  5. Rust

It let you to compile your code and see line by line generated assembly code. it’s so cool right :D.

Support:

1. BASH
  2. C\C++
  3. Java
  4. Python
  5. TCL

This service let you to share your code with other teammate or your professor. this is very good thing when you want to send a large code into From. And of course you can compile your code.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Not exactly relevant to troubleshooting, and not really Fedora specific. Do you think we should move it to a new topic?

Your welcome.
This is exactly relevant to troubleshooting, but yes not for Fedora OS. it’s just for Programmers.
i don’t think so. it’s your choice.
Suggest Topic : What is Paste Service And How To Use It ?

3 Likes

I’ll close this topic and leave it here as extra information for the time being. I think that’s best.

6 Likes