Why is the start menu icon of Fedora 31Workstation Cinnamon Desktop from Spins still Cinnamon?

I have installed Fedora 31Workstation Cinnamon Desktop from Spins, but the start menu icon is Cinnamon. How can I change it to be Fedora ?
8aa28bd018b75a2f37157f1925a90be8ac32ec36.png

1 Like

Well, it’s a Cinnamon spin, so it shows a Cinnamon icon.

Fedora is “downstream”, which means that we do not develop the software. We simply take software from developers (who are called “upstream”), build it correctly, and provide it to users. As far as possible, Fedora tries to not modify the software that developers release. This should explain it a bit more:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects

I do not know how to change the icon. Maybe an advanced Cinnamon user would know (if it can be done).

1 Like

I’ve actually wondered this myself.

Back around Fedora 26-27 it was, by default, the Fedora logo. At some point though, they switched to it being the Cinnamon logo.
It’s easy to change it back (right-click->“Configure…”->“Icon”->seach for “fedora-logo-icon”), but I still have to wonder why it was changed to begin with…

1 Like

Thank you so much.
Is there any channel to report for Fedora Team ?

2 Likes

You could try reporting a bug (assuming no one has done so already).
I doubt a messed up menu icon on a secondary desktop spin is something too high-priority. Would be nice if they fixed it though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.