Disclaimer: With no disrespect to legacy yum, this is just a curiosity to know how things evolve.
I ran an update command today in Fedora 34 and saw yum package update. So I was wondering with these thoughts/questions:
- Do we still need it when we have DNF?
- Why it is shipped by default even in newer Fedora releases?
- Is yum is going to be left out completely out in future releases?
- Is yum still actively maintained and developed?
- Will there be any side effects to uninstalling yum? Is it a bad idea to do so?
Thank you for your time reading and answering these in question.