Wifi Issues

I originally posted this on another forum trying to get wifi working on linux since that itself wasn’t working on Mint. Someone directed me to try Fedora since that follows a rolling release saying that the issue might be with older Kernel versions(I could have updated the kernet for Mint but I’m only using a bootable USB rn).

My wifi card seems to work with Fedora but I still experience slower speeds on it. I haven’t installed it to my drive yet. I’m only testing it out from my USB drive rn.

fedora: 65-70 Mbps
windows 10: 200-375 Mbps

That is quite a significant drop in speed. I hope there’s a solution out there since this will make using Fedora or any linux distro difficult for me.

Laptop - HP pavillion e3022-TX
Wifi Card - Network controller: Intel Corporation Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (201NGW) (rev 30).

The Wifi driver is in the kernel.

As a first step, you can try newer kernels (like the one in update-testing) to see if it works even better.

This is my first time using Fedora so I don’t know how to do that. I’ve mostly used debian systems before this.

I assume I will have to properly install Fedora on my drive? I don’t think a bootable usb drive kernal can be changed?

Yes, install first then

Run this command

`sudo dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing upgrade kernel kernel-core kernel-modules

thanks but it just started working fine today on it’s own :sweat_smile:.

So the the solution was just a newer kernel version when compared to Mint’s 5.4

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.