I’ve set up Fedora Workstation on a computer, and I’ve confirmed that when the wifi is turned on, it breaks the wifi router. The router starts to behave in a strange manner, it keeps dropping the connection roughly every few seconds.
It also breaks the router when connecting to the wifi router directly via ethernet cable, but not as frequently and not noticeable at first that I thought it didn’t affect it, until I carefully observed it.
I’ve earlier ran Windows and Ubuntu on the same device that I installed Fedora on, so I am certain it’s not a network card issue.
Things I tried:
- Disabling PMF
- Forgeting the wifi connection and reconnecting.
- Enabling/disabling NAT-PMP, IGMP snooping, 5G, firewalld, one at a time.
- Network controller is Intel Wireless-AC 9560.
- Ethernet controller is Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller.
- Router is Apple AirportExtreme.