Zoom-window is black

Hi.
Not sure where you’re leading this to. As I wrote earlier, I have zoom working using their provided RPM. And had issues with flatpak version. That’s it.

I’ve tried fresh install F36 + zoom in wayland with nouveou driver and screen sharing was working fine. Then installing nvidia driver, sharing screen becomes black, so it looks like it’s something to do with nvidia driver. Interestingly enough that using zoom via Firefox, I was able to share Window/screen and clients saw it normally

Hi - I encountered the same problem on PopOS 22.04 running Nvidia520 (GTX 1070) and Gnome on Wayland today.

Black screens for both windows of Zoom as you described, and my logs consistently matched the pulseaudio section, Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome, and Sep 06 14:06:15 fedora Zoom.desktop[20420]: libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)

For me, setting the environment variable QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland in flat seal got Zoom running normally again.

I was also experiencing black screens in some menu’s of Zoom (flathub version). I’m on Fedora 37, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070Ti (Driver version: 525.78.01 through rpmfusion).

I tried setting the enviroment variable QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland in Flatseal and this also worked for me.

Zoom is not super stable, but this is a definite improvement.

2 Likes

How did you setup this environment variable.
I’ve tried yesterday with updated F37, latest nvidia drivers, kernel and zoom 5.13.5, and it’s still black screen when sharing window in wayland, so I restarted with nouveou driver to be able to work

1 Like